Thursday, October 21, 2010

Working Out

Today is the third day of my journey.  I have made it through another day of workouts.  My family and I joined the local Boys and Girls club.  The fee isn't much for a one year membership and they have ample equipment to use. 

I spend about 10 min on the stationary bike.  Then I move to strength training.  I use every machine they have.  I do 3 reps of 10.  I like to move through the machines 3 times.  This give my muscles a short break before I do the next set.  Once I finish with the strength training I go to the dreaded elliptical.  This is the hardest exercise I do.  Right now I can only do 5 mins.  When I worked out before I was up to 20 min.  I will have to work up to that again. 

I am so proud of my daughters.  They are working out with me.  I haven't been a very good example for them and I haven't taught them the right way to eat.  So, they, like me, are a little overweight as well.  We are doing this together!  We have decided to work as hard as we can to get the weight off!  They are an inspiration to me!  Love you, girls!!

I haven't had too much to eat today.  Breakfast:  2 scrambled eggs, 2 slices of whole wheat toast with a smear of sugar free grape jelly with water to drink.
Lunch:  Popcorn chicken from Sonic with about 8 tator tots (they were way too greasy) and a medium sweet peach tea.  (this is good for me!  I usually have all the tator tots and a rt. 44 drink)
Supper: Chicken Gumbo with rice.  Probably drink water with that meal since I had the tea for lunch!

Last night I wanted to raid the "Birthday" drawer at church.  (this is where we keep candy bars for peoples birthday)  I didn't!  I ate some lite cool whip instead.  I know that my journey will have good days and bad days.  So far it hasn't been too bad! 

No comments:

Post a Comment