Sunday, November 7, 2010

Date Night

My husband and I had a date earlier today.  He has been working alot lately and he also helps out with the local football team.  Needless to say he hasn't been home much.  We had opportunity to spend the afternoon together to so we took it.  What did we do?  Eat.  Olive Garden and Coldstone Creamery.  It was very good. 

Have I ever mentioned that I LOVE food.  I love textures, tastes, smells, etc.  I love everything about it.  I love to cook it.  I love for someone else to cook it for me.  I love to cook for others.  I'm good at it.  I can take any recipe and make it better.  I call it my talent.  I LOVE food. 

If there is anyone out there that has any idea how to break this love affair I would "love" to hear your ideas. 

These last couple of weeks have been horrible.  I know that I have failed.  Food has won the short term battles lately.  I have all but given up.  Then I remember why I decided to try to lose the weight to begin with.  I look bad, I feel bad, I have a hard time doing anything.  I am unhealthy.  I would hate to know what my cholesterol is.  I'm sure that I am borderline diabetic.  I probably have high blood pressure.  I know these things yet I still LOVE food. 

2 comments:

  1. Hello! I too am just starting on my weight loss journey. (I began on Oct.1) I am also a mother of 3. (all girls though!) Ages 16, 13, and 10. We have a lot in common! :)

    I'm glad you started this blog. I need the inspiration and help from others as well. Check out my story at Farewell2Fat4Ever. I totally understand having a busy schedule and eating out...I have stopped for the most part, but there are days when Sonic just screams my name! (And my oldest works there! So when I have to take her to work or pick her up, I might as well get a treat or a drink, right?)

    I also have a hard time paying so much for healthy food. We have been trying to cut back my portions and recipe sizes. Instead of using 2-3 lbs. of hamburger for tacos, I will only use 1-2, then when the meat is gone we have fruit or veggies if we are still hungry. I have stopped buying poptarts and toaster streudels, instead opting for generic "in the bag" whole grain cereals and fiber bars...and fruit and veggies. LOTS of them. I am the pickiest eater, but I have grown fond of green beans, broccoli and even cooked carrots lately. (I just feel better knowing I will not throw food away just because I made too much...as I tend to cook for any army as well!)

    I don't know if that helps at all, but I'm here for you. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by. I haven't been keeping up with this as much as I thought I would. I have been very busy. Thanks for the encouragement.

    ReplyDelete